Perhaps you have begun to take responsibility for your emotions. You see that it isn’t the world “out there” that’s causing conflict or lack in your life. You can see there’s something going on within you that needs to be corrected – but what? And how can it be changed?
I tell my clients, “Awareness is half the battle.” When you become aware of what’s been truly running your life and your emotions, and acknowledge that this is your life and these are your emotions – without blaming the world – that is taking emotional responsibility.
Here are some behaviors your ego just loves. They stem from fear, and it’s good to be aware of the extensive influence of fear when you heal emotionally:
- Judgments and Projections: Remember, if you spot it in someone else; you’ve got it too.
- Expectations and Control: The ego selfishly wants what it wants or is in fear and may try to control other people and force the desired outcome.
- Minimizing and Justifying: This is the ego’s attempt to make obvious wrongs and misbehavior seem inconsequential or trivial
- Shame and Blame: The ego likes to create stories of shame, blame and guilt to justify holding on to past hurts; a waste of time and energy
- Poor Me: Ultimately, you are not a victim of anything or anyone. All oppression begins in the mind. You choose how you perceive and, thereby, experience everything in life.
When you begin your journey toward emotional mastery, remember:
- Never skip steps: If you try, you’ll just have to go back and do the work at a later time. Life will make sure of it.
- Avoid simply skimming the surface of your emotions: Get down to that subconscious stuff that holds you back, so you can clear it at the deepest level.
- You’ve got to want it: You need to be committed to doing whatever it takes to heal yourself emotionally. Life will not ask you to do whatever it takes, but you need to be willing to.
- You’re only done when you’re done: Issues will keep showing up in your life until you learn the true lessons they were meant to teach you. Hang in there. It’s worth it.
- The process of healing emotionally will get easier as you keep going with healing and correcting your mind, perceptions, attitudes and behaviors.
To find out more about how to help yourself emotionally and those you love, check out my book, “Ride the Emotional Wave: How to Create Wealth, Health & Love Through Emotional Mastery.” Also, check out my Services on how I can assist you personally on your journey to emotional mastery.
And, as always, live your passion.